1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder deletion on WinServ2003

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Rainman50, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

Hello,

I had a Win2003 server whose disk drive was full. I copied off some files to another server and deleted the old files. The folder was 1.37gbs in size. The space cleared up was over 16gbs. I do not believe anyone else was deleting anything from the server at the time. Everything appears to be accounted for. I do have shadow copies enabled but it has a size limit of 20gbs.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Techtatane

Techtatane

hi Rainman50

I thing this is a matter of file versioning ! You have shadow copies enabled.
    If the files you moved were the user data on what people often work, this can happen!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!