Folder erase

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NHIEPNGUYEN

Hello,
I just experience something strange : I have download a trial version of Notes rather voluminous (96Mo). I decided to delete it while in windows explorer. The folder that contained the file disapear allright fro; Explorer but the reclaimed disk space is not accounted for. Results : I no longer have the file nor the disk space!!!
Someone can halp me please?

Also run refrag, go to start>programs>accessories>system tools> defragment.

Also run refrag, go to start>programs>accessories>system tools> defragment.
Note: This might take a while (A few hours, mabye 1 mabye 4) depending on the last time u ran it and how many things u have installed - but hell it sure is worth it!

NHIEPNGUYEN

Emptying the Recycle bin achieves nothing; I have not tried defrag yet but gonna do now. I'll let you know the results. Thanks

NHIEPNGUYEN

I have tried defrag; I use Diskeeper 7. There remains one (big, must be the one) fragmented file with 3 excess fragments.
This partition has 900Mo and had 200Mo free. Since this huge fragmented file take almost 100Mo there are only 100Mo left and Diskeeper cannot defrag it.

NHIEPNGUYEN

The problem resolves by itself!!!
This morning I downloaded a 37Mo files into the partition (that showed 100Mo available) Upon the completion of the download the partition shows remaining 160Mo! (100Mo + 100Mo - 37Mo).

Computers are full of mysteries that never get revealed.

Thanks anyway for your participation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online