1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder icons

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by winetower, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. winetower

winetower Thread Starter

how do i reset the icon spacing they are overlapped badly

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi winetower,
    I assume you mean the desktop icons! Right click your desktop, go to arrange icons uncheck auto arrange you should be able to put them where you want

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi winetower,
    I got your message. I write here also just in case. when you see the icons you are talking about. Click on view, click either smallicons or Details. See if that works

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Right click on the desktop and choose properties.
    Click the appearance tab. Go to the "ITEM" drop down menu and find icon spacing Horizontal and reset it. Press Apply and then OK. A small change, don't do anything radical or you may have a problem restarting Windows. Do the same for icon spacing vertical.

Mine are both set at 36.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice