1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Lock 6.1.7 - trying to lock downloading files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by maddisu, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddisu

maddisu Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I am talking about an encryption software that can lock folders and files on windows XP. The version is Folder Lock 6.1.7.

I want to know if it is possible to lock files currently being downloaded from my browser (i.e. Can my browser access the files and add parts to them and at the same time, can the files be protected?)

Thank you

2. DerekC

DerekC

You might be able to find a browser add-on, but I personally haven't heard of anything you can use. You need the files on the computer before you can encrypt them.

Before you decide to use a program like Folder Lock, I would suggest you search this site for "folder lock" threads and read about all the people who have lost files with that program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice