1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Lock Emergency...Plz Help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by MissLaniS, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissLaniS

MissLaniS Thread Starter

I installed Folder Lock, and it seemed to work just perfect. I put all my important files in there, that I didn't want anyone else to see (private and personal stuff), or that I didnt want to get erased by accident (important documents for work & for court). So everything is going just perfect....then I get a Virus on my computer from something else... which then corrupted most of the .exe files on my computer. So....
    I went to do the ctrl + Alt + F, to get to the Locker... and I get a message that says :eek: "BOXFILE CORRUPTED". :eek: Now I dont have any clue what the heck I am gonna do...cuz the files that were in there, were extremely important to me...and there were also some I needed for my work, which if I cant get them back, I might as well kiss my job bye bye.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I even tried uninstalling it, and it wont let me. Are my files really gone? Can I get them back? Is there another way to get to the Locker other than with the HOTKEY thingy... cuz I think that the "emergency" document that it gives you, with the instructions on what to do if something happens...I think it is in the Locker too...:rolleyes:
    HELP....

2. JohnTheNutter

JohnTheNutter

Don't know if you can but can you start, or will it work in safe mode? Please wait for a gold shield to advise you, but you may as well get HiJackThis downloaded and a log report ready because they will invariably ask for one, good luck!
    Regards,
    John

3. JohnTheNutter

JohnTheNutter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice