1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Management

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by royalmaster, Mar 15, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. royalmaster

royalmaster Thread Starter

Good morning everyone!

So my boss asked me to do a program using anything I want(I'm no programmer tho lol). I will try to explain the best I can with the little I know about programming and my brazilian english haha

So what I want to do is I have two folders(Original and Copy):
    1)The first part is: everytime the Original folder is changed or gets something new, it has to be uptaded to the Copy folder after running the program.
    2)Plus there are 3 subfolders(gfx, parameters and Global Objects) which everytime one of them gets a new archive is has to show a message saying "NEW ARCHIVE".

The first part I did with batch files using Robocopy, but I'm struggling with the second part. If you guys have any advice on what using instead of batch files and how to do it, I'll be REALLY grateful!
    Thanks for reading and please help me keep my job! haha

Cheers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186881