Folder name of jumbled numbers & letters

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asims

Greetings!

There is a folder on my laptop made up of numbers and letters - 7649a3d33b6f0ceec9...(with 10 more numbers and 2 more letters). Under that folder is another folder called i386, and in that folder are several folders and files, none of which date later than 8/4/2004. All of this takes up 336 MB. What might it be and is it safe to delete it?

My os is XP Pro SP2.

Thanks for your help!

These are folders that were created during an microsoft update of some type, you can safely remove these.

asims

Thanks, cammj! I figured that's what it was but I wanted to make sure.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online