1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder name of jumbled numbers & letters

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asims, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asims

asims Thread Starter

Greetings!

There is a folder on my laptop made up of numbers and letters - 7649a3d33b6f0ceec9...(with 10 more numbers and 2 more letters). Under that folder is another folder called i386, and in that folder are several folders and files, none of which date later than 8/4/2004. All of this takes up 336 MB. What might it be and is it safe to delete it?

My os is XP Pro SP2.

Thanks for your help!

2. cammj

cammj

These are folders that were created during an microsoft update of some type, you can safely remove these.

3. asims

asims Thread Starter

Thanks, cammj! I figured that's what it was but I wanted to make sure.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice