1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder on Destop Mystery!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Julie_40, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Julie_40

Julie_40 Thread Starter

OK...I have a Compaq Pressario 5000 Desktop and have been having problems with it as to crashing on me and all. The other day I noticed a "Folder" on my desktop and when I click on it to see what it in it..won't let me look as what is inside folder. I tried cutting and pasting to somewhere else to open it and won't let me..I have the choices of right clickin on folder and says Cut,Creat shortcut, and Delete. But, when I click on Delete it says the folder is too large to go to the Recycle bin...wondering what it may be?? anyone with any help...
    Julie
    :confused:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Run a virus scan with the lates virus definitions. If you don't have an AV program download the free version of AVG from www.grisoft.com and post back with the results.

3. Julie_40

Julie_40 Thread Starter

I ran a virus scan with my Norton Antivirus 2003 and said No viruses detected in scan. And I also did the Housecall virus scan. Don't understand what it is or HOW it got on my desktop. Strange :(

4. panzer999

panzer999

What is the name of the folder? Can you see the contens from DOS?

5. Julie_40

Julie_40 Thread Starter

It don't have a Name to it like my other folders have. And No i can't see the contents...

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Change the properties on your recycle bin so that deleted items bypass it......

7. putasolution

putasolution

Can you right click it and click properties?

If so, what does it tell you?

8. Julie_40

Julie_40 Thread Starter

Im able to right click on it but NO options for Properities. All I have is Cut and Shortcut and Delete.

9. panzer999

panzer999

I can't figure out why you can't see the contents either from MSDOS or by booting into DOS.

You could always post a HiJack log......

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice