1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder options control panel

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tech(once), May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tech(once)

tech(once) Thread Starter

How do I satisfy a requirement to create an association in the Folder options control panel for an attachment to be opened from an E-mail. the .xls is new to me

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi tech(once)

Excel, a spreadsheet program uses the file type .xls. Do you have Excel installed?

If not, you can download an Excel viewer here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913879/en-us

Let us know if that works for you or not.

3. tech(once)

tech(once) Thread Starter

I don't have Excel installed and this download's application list only includes Excel software. I do have a spreadsheet program though in Microsoft Works. Does that help me any?

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Yes, the spreadsheet program in Microsoft Works should be able to open Any Excel (.xl*) files.

Save the attachment to the Desktop.
    Right click on the file and select Open With then browse to the Microsoft Works spreadsheet executable and select it.

Which version of Works do you have?

5. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

I don't have Microsoft Works to find the executable for the spreadsheet program.
    To locate it, first create a file using the Microsoft Works spreadsheet program. Save the file to the Desktop then Right click the file and mouse over Open With. The name of the program used to open the Microsoft Works spreadsheet file should appear.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/570837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice