1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder options control panel

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tech(once), Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tech(once)

tech(once) Thread Starter

Where do I find it? I keep getting E-mail attachments that I cannot open which give me the same need for an application which I am supposed to rectify at the Folder Options Control Panel They have different postscripts ie ttx pps etc.

2. Rabbity

Rabbity

contact the sender and find out what program they used to create the information in the attachments, you may need to install the same program to open them, probably windows casnt find a program to open the attachment so it askes you to assosiate the file the attachments.
    file assosiation is in Windows Expolorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types

3. tech(once)

tech(once) Thread Starter

Unfortunately these "messages" are usually pass-alongs and who knows who originatred them? Secondly, I cannot find "Windows Expolorer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types" anywhere on my computer!

4. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Open any folder. At the top is the menu bar(File, Edit, View, Tools). Click Tools. On the drop menu, click Folder Options.
    Or click My Computer>Control Panel>Folder Options.
    On the Folder Options box, click the File Types tab. Scroll down the list to the ext. you want and you can change the program it opens with. If the extension isn't listed, you can add it by clicking new.
    You can check what the extensions are at this site. http://filext.com/
    That will tell you what program most likely created it. FYI, PPS is a Powerpoint Slideshow.
    If you don't want to set a permanent association for the attachments, save them to a folder, scan it with your AV and Antispyware, then right click the attachment file, select Open With and then select the program to open it with. Don't check the box "Always use this program..." unless you want it permanent.

5. stantley

stantley

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/631139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice