1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Options In Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mightymo77, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mightymo77

mightymo77 Thread Starter

Is there any way to prevent Vista from automatically alphabetize files as you add them to folders? I really do not like that feature, at all.

Also, in XP you can open a folder, set it's view (like list view with status bar) and you can go to folder options and "apply to all folders" and it will change every folder's view. I cannot for the life of me get this to work in Vista. Can someone please tell me what to do to fix this?

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Someone posted a link to help with the second part, said he used it and it worked (some registry settings and resettings mostly). It might have been in the All other software archives if not the Vista OS one. Three of my 4 Vista systems do the same thing as they continue not aging well at all, but I've stopped trying to fight the decay and just hope Windows 7 is a cureall.

I'll see if I can search the achives for the link and post it if I find it.

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

4. mightymo77

mightymo77 Thread Starter

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/840991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice