1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Problems/File Types in Folder Options

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Meko, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Meko

Meko Thread Starter

Hello, recently I was messing around with my folder options and i came along the file types in the folders options, as you can see there are many registered file types below, anyway on that list I went along to "File Folders" and I was messing around with it, then i went to the advanced menu and see commands there for stuff...I touched something and now i cant get my folders opening normal.. Its like my folder is opening to another path, how can i set it back to the normal way it was so it can open my folders right again? Thanks.

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

You can go back into the Folder's Opitions, click on Folders. then click the Advance button. Check Explore box and OK on out. Other than that, I don't understand what else you could have done.

3. Meko

Meko Thread Starter

this is all under file folders, I think i need to make a new path or something that says to make it so it goes by folder to folder, because if i double click on my folder now the search window opens up instead o_O

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Is this XP? If so, run System Restore back to date BEFORE you made this change. This is the quickest way to fix your problem without screwing something else up. :D
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice