1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder reports having lots of files in it, but it's empty???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deuce868, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deuce868

deuce868 Thread Starter

I'm attempting to free up disk space on an NT server with sp6. I have profiles for several users. I went through and deleted the temporary internet files in on profile folder and it seemed to erase it in all as all of the other profile Temporary Internet Files folders are empty. However, if I right-click on the folder and select properties it shows up to 9 folders and 15mb of data. But it's empty...I have check and I have show all files selected so they aren't hidden. The amount varies from profile to profile...any ideas? I need disk space and if I could clear 10mb out of 30 profiles that would be great. I just can't figure out what's going on...

Thanks for any help

Rick

2. angel

angel

It's probably the Content.ie5 folder that's in there taking up space. You should be able to delete the folder from a dos prompt.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice