1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder security

Discussion in 'General Security' started by lanccohix, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanccohix

lanccohix Thread Starter

Hello,
    several months ago I set up some folders in the program files so that only my account could see and access the programs. I want to set up some other folders for the same thing and I want to remove the settings on some of the folders but I cannot seemed to remember how I did this. I have clicked on the folder and checked the properties but I cannot see anything that would allow me to set and reset the folder.

If someone knows how to do this, can you please let me know.

also, if if there is a better way to protect programs from being access on others accounts, can you please let me know that as well.

thanks in advance for the help

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You might have done it by giving certain accounts the privilege to read write the folder in the security tab of folder properties. If you are using Windows XP Home, then you have to go into Safe Mode in order to see the Security Tab of folder properties.

3. lanccohix

lanccohix Thread Starter

thanks for the help.
    I went into safe mode and was able to see the security tab and I made the changes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice