1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

folder sharing over network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by The Prisoner, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Prisoner

The Prisoner Thread Starter

hello

i am trying to setup a home network : 1 desktop connected with ethernet cable to router/modem, and one laptop connected via wifi to same router/modem
    both computers have access to the internet, and I have setup a shared folder on both computers.
    the desktop pc can browse the laptop's shared folder, but the laptop can only see the desktop but gets denied access. I tried disabling both firewalls but it didn't fix the problem.

both computers are running windows xp pro sp2

any suggestions ?

thanks

2. The Prisoner

The Prisoner Thread Starter

i solved the problem, but i did several actions and can't figure out what did it

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Did you create the same user accounts and passwords?

4. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

In a standard Peer-To-Peer network, usernames and passwords have to be the same on each machine, and all machines have to be on the same workgroup.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/551033