1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folder Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zephyranthes, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zephyranthes

zephyranthes Thread Starter

I am running Win XP Pro SP2. Was running simple file sharing for months without problem.
    My laptop and desktop and my cousin's desktop are linked by a router. Normally i just share a folder, for example "Data" in my laptop then from my desktop, I just need to type //192.168.1.100 and i can see the Data folder.

However, since yesterday, when i do that, I get prompted that

\\192.168.1.100 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator to find out if you have acess permissions.

However, when I type \\192.168.1.100\Data, I can access it and see the content of the folder.

The same is happening when I try to access my Desktop from my laptop. The weirdest thing is my laptop and desktop can access my cousin's desktop without any problem, just type in the IP and I can see the share folders.

I tried searching the net, but no suck problem has been reported. Please advice.

2. mslhnl

mslhnl

I am having the same problem. Did you ever resolve this?

3. zephyranthes

zephyranthes Thread Starter

Unfortunately, no. Still have go thru with the full path. Will post here if I find out the reason.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!