Folder View Changes By Itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BarraGT

I'm quite particular about how I like the folders on my system to be arranged. I like the majority of my folders to be in the "Details" view, and then with only some columns visible, with certain widths.

Anyway, too often, Windows is setting the folders back to whatever view it wants to after I've changed it. It's getting seriously annoying. Is there a way to lock in the folder view so that nothing can change it unless I want it to change?

Go to control panel ----> folder options ----> under view tab ------> look for an option that says remember each folders view settings.

This should help.

BarraGT

I just checked it, and it's already been ticked. Any other suggestions?

BarraGT

Thanks for that. I've changed those settings and we'll see if it helps! Thanks again!

BarraGT

Unfortunately, that hasn't fixed the problem.

It's becoming very, very annoying. Is there a way that I can at least make some folders never change, no matter how frequently they are viewed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online