Folder View won't keep settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dogtalk

1) In tools/Folder Options I always keep a check at "yes" for View/Remember Each Folder's View Settings.

2) I have read and used MS ARtilce 813711 which is at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\FOLDER OPTIONS 2_files\FOLDER OPTIONS 2.htm.

3) I have changed the built in folder limit from 400 to 4000. Nevertheless, the folders almost always open in List View .

This is XP Pro SP2. I have been working on this for more than a year and it drives me crazy, especially when I am doing repetitive tasks like uploading photos to a website or moving files from one place to another. Any help welcome.

there is a button that says "Apply to All Folders" click that, then Apply (at bottom), then ok.

sorry if you've already tried this, just a suggestion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online