Folders and Drives Open Up In "Search"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MMarr

When I open up any Folders or Drives by double clicking on them, they open up in "Search Results" with no results shown or anything, as if I went Start>Search. Also, when I right click on a folder or drive the first option I get is Search... rather then Open or Explore, and I dont know how to change this. Ive tried going ControlPanel>FolderOptions>FileTypes and changing the actions for folder but when I go there it says that the only actions are Explore and Open, so I don't know why its opening up in Search! It's making me very frustrated that i have to right click and press Open to every folder and Drive that i have to go into.

I hope someone can help!
Thanx,
MMarr

MMarr

Ok, I got the folders to open up correctly by using a registry editor, but for some reason the Drives still open up in search! Is there another Registry Editor that will fix the drives?

Copy the text below between the dotted lines, but not the dotted lines themselves. Open Notepad and paste it in. Save the result in a suitable location as drives.reg - making sure that the default .txt extension doesn't appear in the file name.
Double-click on the saved .reg file to merge the contents.
Restart.

----------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Drive\shell]
@="none
"

------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online