1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Folders completely disappeared after reboot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by YasiWin7, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YasiWin7

YasiWin7 Thread Starter

Hey everybody. I got a really big problem!

System Win7

Several folders, files, documents, videos, pictures completely disappeared from one of my folders after I rebooted. At least 5GB disappeared without a trace.

The main folder (FolderX) still exists with some documents left. The location is C:\Users\Jasmin\Desktop\FolderX.

It's (almost) all gone! It was not moved to other folders, there is nothing in the recycle bin, the restore tool "discuva" doesn't find anything. There is still a link into folderX below my favorites, when I click on it, it says "The path is not available".

So I assume it's a problem with the profile. Yet there is not temporary profile it seems.

Regedit->HKEY_LOCALMACHINE->Software->Microsoft->WindowsNT->CurrentVersion->Profilelist

I don't find a file with .bak ending in there.

The system recovery doesn't work.

What am I supposed to do now? Can anyone help?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Login as the Administrator and then run Check Disk using both the Windows disk-checking utility and the utility provided by the disk manufacturer.

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!