folders on cd inaccessable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

osha

I burned 2 data folders and 2 avi videos to cd on my desktop with older

nero burner and then burned 2 data folders to the same cd on my laptop with

newer nero software-at this point everything is fine , then I go back to my

desktop and burn another data folder after I clicked ok to a box that said;

"unexpected format" or something like that and then I couldn't bring up any

of the previously burned folders or avi files. So then I read something in a thread

here about finalising the cd so other pc's could read it , so I finalised a small

data file on the laptop and I still can't see the previous folders or avi's , only

the last 2 data folders. When I put the cd back in the laptop and start up

the nero software and click on "disk info" it shows all of the multisession

tracks as being on the cd , but only the last 2 are accessable. How can I

recover the previous folders and avi's? Any help would be appreciated as

one of the original folders has data that can't be recovered any other way.

Please and thanks much........osha

Unfortunately problems can occur if CDs are burned using different versions of software, different CD burners and on different PCs. It also depends on the settings you choose for each burn.

However, to start off...if you want to add files to a CD after the first burn then you should choose the 'multi-session' option for the first and subsequent burns. Multi-session CDs may not be readable in all PCs/CD drives/CD software packages. That's why, for maximum compatibility, after the final 'burn' on a multi-session CD or for a single session CD, the option 'Finalize CD' should be selected. However, this does write-protect the CD so no further files can be added.

If you did not choose multi-session for the first burn AND you did not select the finalise CD option, then you can add more files later. When you do this, only the last session is visible - so it looks like there's nothing else on the CD, which seems to be your problem. However, you can use the Nero Multi Mounter program to view the contents of the other session(s).

osha

Thanks much Surreal2-I will try to find this program and see if it works for me..........................................osha

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online