Folders Such As MY Computer, Documents, And Recylce Bin WILL NOT OPEN, HELP PLEASE!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

michael_edwa

I have a pretty new dell. We have windows xp with service pack 2. We have had it for around 2, 2 and a half years. Other than this problem, the computer works perfectly. Every since a month or two ago, our folders...my documents, my computer, my network places, my pictures, control panel...and any other system folder that you can click on from the start menu and/or desktop won't open properly. But if you go into internet explorer and type in the name of the folder, then it comes up. I am really getting mad about this. When you click on the folder no matter where it is it will cause the computer to freeze up, or the screen to freeze, and a window pops up saying something about a watson debugger not working properly or something. I would like to be able to open folders the way i could before my computer messed up. Thanks...

blues_harp28

Hi..and welcome...
D/load..Spybot....Ad-Aware..links below..check for up-dates..scan..remove what they find..
Do you have an Anti virus program on your system?
Run HJT log...www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe
Install in C:\ program file..
Close all windows..let it scan..save logfile to notepad>edit>select all>edit>copy>paste on your thread..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online