1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

follow up to black screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by crysis6, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crysis6

crysis6 Thread Starter

Has nothing to do with internet, just a start up thing in general. Computer crashed an hour after startup, which happens but not everytime. The black screen problem always occurs however, is there anything i can do?

2. dai

dai

3. crysis6

crysis6 Thread Starter

It's on a laptop, im not going to take it apart and attempt to reseat everything inside. Anyone have any less destructive options? And the fan is working fine, as is my vid card.

4. dai

dai

it would have been helpful if you had said it was a laptop and the brand in your first post

5. crysis6

crysis6 Thread Starter

Dell inspiron 8200. Less than a year old, problem been happening for about a week now. Start up, black screen flashes then startup finishes, and computer crashes once in a while, as everything just slows down to a crawl.

6. byon

byon

Did you install anything recently?
    I'm suspecting your hardware. It could be one of the devices failing you, typically the powersupply flunctuating.

7. crysis6

crysis6 Thread Starter

installed some windows updates from microsoft to protect against blasterworm, but i believe that may have been after this started. Thats really it. What can i do?

8. crysis6

crysis6 Thread Starter

anybody have any solutions??

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice