follow up to black screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crysis6

Has nothing to do with internet, just a start up thing in general. Computer crashed an hour after startup, which happens but not everytime. The black screen problem always occurs however, is there anything i can do?

crysis6

It's on a laptop, im not going to take it apart and attempt to reseat everything inside. Anyone have any less destructive options? And the fan is working fine, as is my vid card.

dai

it would have been helpful if you had said it was a laptop and the brand in your first post

crysis6

Dell inspiron 8200. Less than a year old, problem been happening for about a week now. Start up, black screen flashes then startup finishes, and computer crashes once in a while, as everything just slows down to a crawl.

Did you install anything recently?
I'm suspecting your hardware. It could be one of the devices failing you, typically the powersupply flunctuating.

crysis6

installed some windows updates from microsoft to protect against blasterworm, but i believe that may have been after this started. Thats really it. What can i do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online