Font Change and Message Box Deletion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sheldon S. Elli

I have two questions concerning my Dell Inspiron Notebook computer running Windows 98.

1. Somehow, I changed the font displayed to "Temp Installer Font (True Type). This font has a dark shading that is annoying to me. Quare - how do I change back to a font like Courier New?

2. I did my best to eliminate all Wordperfect references. Nonethless, upon start-up, my computer still shows a boxed message asking if I want to run Wordperfect. How do I get rid of that boxed message?

Thanks for your kind help.

For the font, right click your desktop>choose properties>appearance tab>this changes the font in different areas. Find the one with Temp installer font and change to what you want.

On the wordperfect, this is just a guess. Go to start>run>type msconfig>enter>start tab>find the entry for wordperfect and uncheck it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online