1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font change

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Rigazel, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rigazel

Rigazel Thread Starter

O/S = Win98SE
    Approx. Occurrence = 22:25
    Error T = Visual

Type of Problem: System Font Change

I was in the 'Font' folder within 'Windows' directory deleting some font files.
    While shredding some, one file that I erased changed my whole layout on how my window font looks.
    Everything that I see within IE, My Explorer, Folders... Everything looks small.
    The text representation has change and it's hurting my eyes!
    I revived all the files that I shredded and put them back in the 'Font' folder.
    I hoped that when I restarted my computer, everything would turn back to normal.
    =( but everything was the same as before.
    How do I restore the original font signature that windows had?

2. tpb

tpb

3. hewee

hewee

4. Rigazel

Rigazel Thread Starter

I thank you for the additional information.
    Although much knowledge has been learned today, the ability to change the font within the System Presentation still exist.
    Now, I realize I have the ability to add without actually adding a font with windows so it can appear with any document, but the primary concern still is very much alive.
    The whole layout on how everything looks has changed.
    Meaning that every lettering that windows displays is in a different font, and not showing as its' primary.

To my first response: The link does not work, microsoft is telling me that the article cannot be found.

To my second response: Much knowledge is learned, but it still does not teach me how to rectify my current situation.
    It is a possibility that I may have read the whole thing wrong and missed the answer?

I would really like to know how this happened.
    If windows can change on how everything looks, then there must be a way to remodify it without executing an unneccessary scanreg /restore or re-initializing windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice