1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font Color option in MS Word 2007?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by newbie_olala, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newbie_olala

newbie_olala Thread Starter

Hi friends,

I'm using Microsoft Word 2007. And I want to change the default value of the toolbar item "change font color" from red like this:

[​IMG]

to brown like this:

[​IMG]

Could you please show me how to do this?

(By using the word default I mean each time I open a new document, the color must be brown, not red (as it is now))

Thanks for reading my question.

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Any time you want to set a new default, just get the pane open where you can make the change and after making the change(s) just click the "Default" button and now all new settings are in the default.
    In you cane , click the small arrow in the lower right corner of the Font group, and change the color to brown, and then the Default button.

3. newbie_olala

Hi DaveA, thank you for your answer.

But doing so only changes the default font from "Automatic" to "Brown", which is not what I want. What I want is that the default font remains "automatic", only the color in the "Font Color" button changes from red to brown. I don't know why this value is red by default. I just want to change it to brown (by default) so that every time I open a word document that color is brown. Do you know how to do that?

Regards,

newbie_olala

4. DaveA

Well, when I go into this font area and select a Color and then the Default button, a message pops up and asks if I want to save the new color as the default and if I select OK, then on, any new file the new color is the default.

5. newbie_olala

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Well, after doing this, when you type some words in the newly opened document, which color are they in? The new color, right? If this is the case, then I can also do the same.

What I want is that when I type some words in the newly opened document, they have to be in black. And their color will only be changed to the new color when I highlight them and click the 'Font Color' button.

Hope that I described my question clearly enough :p

Regards,

newbie_olala

6. DaveA

Well, when I do as you asked, select some text and change to a different color, the color is changed.

But, then if I start a new file or even close Word and start it again, and select some text the color is the same that I had changed to in the earlier file.

You are saying that it changes back to Red every time?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917478