1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by JustMe2, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JustMe2

JustMe2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Crystal
    Anybody have ANY idea what font the attached pic could possibly be??
    JustMe2

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 KB
      Views:
  2. crossgrain

crossgrain

3. JustMe2

JustMe2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Crystal
    Thanks Crossgrain!
    I have a more letters, just not larger. The sample was sent as a placed image within a ai file. But considering it's someone's copy-righted artwork, I don't think it would be wise on my part to post it! :)
    Soooo...I clipped all letters in the sample and posted it with this reply. Doubt that it will help any, but it's always worth a shot! The company that sent the file, are attempting to find out what the font is, but so far...no luck!
    JustMe2

Attached Files:

4. crossgrain

crossgrain

That's REALLY a toughy. Without M's and W's and lowercase or #'s, it gets pretty hard to guess anymore. It looks related to Futura, Century Gothic, and Avant Garde maybe with a hint of Mostra

:eek:

Perhaps it's a hand-modified version of one of those??

:dangedifIknow:

At any rate, if those are all the letters you needed to recreate - it'd be pretty simple to do in Illustrator.... now if you need to use it for a ton of new body copy...

:eek:

5. JustMe2

JustMe2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Crystal
    That's what my husband did. He just finished 'arting' it. Company was willing to pay for for the job, so that's cool. After much research, I had pretty much decided that it was probably a hand modified image.
    But, you never know these days...with all the thousands of fonts that exist!
    But, the job is done, and customer will be pleased. Came out a dead match! (including the stupid little bird he had to art for it also!!) :)
    Thanks again for trying!
    JustMe2

6. crossgrain

crossgrain

np.

That's what I hate about having to identify fonts - by the time you've checked every resource and poured through every website, you could have just re-built it in Illustrator in half the time and been sipping a nice cup of tea by now.

:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice