1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font size and TextEdit Version 1.4

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by waterthedog, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterthedog

waterthedog Thread Starter

I have trouble with font size using TextEdit 1.4. I'll set it to size 12 and it shows up as 12 on the computer screen, but when I go to print it's around size 8 or 9. I need to set it to size 18 in order to get it to print something approximating 12.

When I send my TextEdit files to other people using non-Macs, it prints out way too big (this is when it's set on my end at 12) for some, too small for others, and for some people it's just right.

I would simply change the font to 18 when I want to print, but then I lose italics and bolding (why is that?), and I'm still left with the situation of having it print out too large or too small on other people's computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. neillhowell

neillhowell

The answer to this is on an apple page:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=TextEdit/1.4/en/te46.html

Text prints too small
    TextEdit wraps lines of text based on the width of the document window. When you change the size of the window, lines of text wrap to fill in the space appropriately. When you print a document, TextEdit matches the printed document to what you see on the screen. For example, if the document window is very wide, TextEdit must reduce the font size to get all of the words on the page.

You can make TextEdit fit text to the width of the paper you want to use instead.
    To set TextEdit to wrap text based on actual paper width, choose Format > "Wrap to Page." A rectangle shows the margins of the document in the window.

3. waterthedog

waterthedog Thread Starter

Thanks so much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!