1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font Size Changes

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by burt4750, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. burt4750

burt4750 Thread Starter

I am having problems with the font size changing when I open documents and websites. I physically have to go to the toolbox and click on the Zoom feature to enlarge the font. It will show the font as being 100% but actually it looks to be about 50%.

What can I do to assure the font remains at the default setting?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Sorry, but the zoom does NOT change the Font size, it just zooms in and makes the display larger.

The font size is controlled by the use of the settings in the Menu and/or Ribbon Bar.

3. burt4750

burt4750 Thread Starter

I understand about the zoom, but I don't understand why the font is changing sizes all by itself. I am NOT changing them. I have to enlarge them in the "zoom" mode because the computer has made them so small.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    In what program is this happening?

Also it could be you display resolution?

5. pkokkinis

pkokkinis

Burt, press Ctrl 0 to reset your font to 100% (that's a numeric zero by the way)
    You can also do a Ctrl + to increase font size, or Ctrl - to decrease font size.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1115678

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice