font size enlarged after installing Norton AntiVirus 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

artchik

I recently installed Norton AntiVirus 2002 and now it appears that something happened to the way the fonts are displayed on some internet pages. I have Windows 98.

artchik
Welcome to TSG!
It is possible your temp files that were saved are in conflict with NAV. Try going to internet options and delete all temp files, and make sure you click all offline content. Then go to start/search
and key in *.tmp hit enter. When all the temp files appear select edit then select all. Then select file and delete all temp files.
Now retry the website that displays large font.
If the problem is still there then you may have a video driver NAV conflict. Follow the instructions at the Norton site.
For Norton KB article Click Here
Hope that helps let us know.
Dave

If it only happens in Internet Explorer, try clicking (in IE) on View, Text Size, and make sure it's set to Medium. Then try surfing and see if it's OK.

artchik

I have AOL, so I don't use Internet Explorer. I am in the process of downloading AOL version 7.0, so when I'm finished I am going to check my video driver. I have a feeling it might need to be updated. Thanks for the info...I'll let you know how it turns out.

Max19

Account Disabled
Do you have a scroll wheel mouse? If so, while you're in Internet Explorer, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and scroll up on the mouse scroll wheel.

My guess is that the font change is merely coincidental. I don't see how one thing could cause the other.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online