1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font size on web mail and on websites shrunk

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bardthorst, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bardthorst

bardthorst Thread Starter

(y) My computer is used by a few people. One day I found that the fonts in web mail and on websites is much smaller. No one claims to having made a settings change. I know that when one changes the resolution to a finer one, it makes things smaller, but it is usually everything, from the desktop icons to fonts, to graphics, etc. This change has not been made, and I am using the lowest resolution. Some of the people who use the computer need the larger fonts to see and read them, due to their failiing eye sight. Any ideas on what happened, and how to change it back? Thanks.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Unfortunately the crystal ball must be fading, as we cant see what browser or email client you use. Very hard to give quality advice with no information supplied.

On the off chance it is Outlook Express and Internet Explorer, then the fonts for both are controlled from IE.

In IE, View - Text Size - make your selection.

If you are running Windows, and using a wheel mouse, then holding down CTRL while scrolling the wheel may also enlarge or decrease the font size as well.

3. sekirt

sekirt

You did not mention the browser you use. If it is Internet Explorer, click View. Click Text size and choose medium (or whatever choice you want).

If you have a mouse with a wheel, it could be reset that way.

sekirt

sorry, kiwi, you type faster. lol

4. bardthorst

bardthorst Thread Starter

The ctrl wheel trick was an instant fix. Thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!