1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font size problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Salutaurs, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

In diferent programs (example - WinRAR, Winamp) font size in some windows are too big (see picture), it don't fit the window . I can't find any setup to regulate this font size.

[​IMG]

I have Windows 2000

Can anyone help me with solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. lefty1953

lefty1953

Right Click on the Desktop and choose properties. Then Appearance and then Advanced. From there click on one of the text boxes shown. It then will give you a chance to change the font size.

3. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

Thanks, but I alredy tried this (all font sizes are 8 and Tahoma), and there is no Advanced under the Appearance (In Display Properties). All Microsoft windows are normal, like said in properties.
    I already had this problem after reinstaling Windows, but when I updated it disapiered, but now it didn't disapier.

4. lefty1953

lefty1953

My XP Home version has Advanced under Appearance. It's down lower on the screen(BOX). I click on it and another box comes up with the settings.

5. moper

moper

Check your DPI setting. Right click Desktop, properties, settings, advanced.

moper

6. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

I also thought it was so easy, but it's for microsoft windows, not for other programs.
    I don't know how to regulate other program fonts. In some foe example Winamp Option windows font size is normalin some not,the same with WinRAR and so on.

[​IMG]
    in these properties I think all is allright

(and I have Windows 2000)

7. moper

moper

Is your DPI set to Normal(96). It looks like a window size problem, that is determined by the program. Are they the latest versions of Winamp and Winrar?

moper

8. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

Yes DPI is Normal 96, and window sizes are normal for these programs, just fonts doesn't fit them, also buttons are too big, everything in these windows are too big.
    Winamp is latest 5.33
    WinRAR 2.85.2
    In some users (not Administrator) of Windows also Nero is showing this problem
    also Soulseek and DC++ have this problem
    I think it don't depend on program or version but Windows.

9. lefty1953

lefty1953

Have you tried restarting the PC? There are some older games I run that require different graphics resolutions and after playing them I have to reboot or everything I run does that.

10. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

It started after Windows 2000 instalation, every time I instal it. Previous time I had this problem I did Windows update and it disapiered, but now that doesn't work :confused:

The reoot doesn't fix it,I can't find any setup that regulates non-Microsoft program fonts, is there any such setup in Windows or somewhere else, or maybe there is some conflict between non-Microsoft programs an Windows. Not all non-Microsoft program windows are spoiled, I can't also find any logic to find why exactly these not any other windows are spoiled.

for example in Winamp are spoiled
    Equalizer
    - Load EQpreset
    Options
    - Global Hotkeys
    - Jump To File
    - Missing Files
    - Modern Skins

WinRAR
    I can't find any non-spoiled window.

11. moper

moper

Have you installed the latest video driver? Does changing screen resolution have any effect?

moper

12. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

Screen resolution takes no effect.

I set Windows to find video driver itself.

he found two drivers with the same title, I chose what Windows recommended

I have NVIDIA GeForceMX

13. lefty1953

lefty1953

What about the refresh rate for the monitor? Does changing it make any difference?

14. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

no changes :(

15. Salutaurs

Salutaurs Thread Starter

I tried several video drivers and no changes, even without any driver there were no changes. So this is not driver or monitor properties problem.
    I stay to the conclusion that this problem is raised by Windows .

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/548879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice