1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Font trouble

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by duner80, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duner80

duner80 Thread Starter

I am using Win XP Pro SP2 with Office 2003. When I open Word, I can view 15 fonts (they all have a little printer icon next to them) that work with my Zebra Z4M+ printer. However when I open the fonts folder under the control panel I can't see those fonts as being installed. Also when I open my label making program (Autoscan V2.02 by Infor) all I see are the true type fonts, not the zebra fonts that I need. Any ideas?

Also, I am not familiar with fonts. I know the double T next to fonts mean they are TrueType fonts, but what does the printer icon next to the fonts mean?

Thanks

2. ddockstader

ddockstader

I believe the reason you can see the Zebra fonts in Word is because Word recognizes fonts installed in the printer. As I read the Zebra brochure (http://www.zebra.com/PA/Printers/Z4M_Z6M_brochure.pdf), the fonts are installed as firmware in the printer. That's what the printer icon in front of the font name means. Obviously, Word is intelligent enough to (or Zebra was smart enough to expose so Word can) recognize those fonts, while your label making program doesn't. You might want to contact that company to see if they have some updates which would recognize the printer fonts.

3. duner80

duner80 Thread Starter

Well, I contacted Info who makes Autoscan Label Software. They said that the last update for that software was done in 1999, and they are not going to update it anymore. So I asked them for a list of Zebra printers that they supported. On the list was a 300dpi printer that recognized the fonts for my new printer even though it was for an older printer. I asked them to send me the template that they setup for that printer, and I was able to make it work with my new printer. So this can be considered solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice