1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fonts in outlook

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by deuce, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Ok.....this is probably a dumb question............but........

Just recently, I started physically downloading email from one of my accounts into outlook, instead of just using the outlook webaccess. It's a pop3 account, and I'm using outlook 2002. For some reason, I can't display email in the senders font, and images don't display. Basically, everything is in plain text by default (have to change it after I start the email) but yet the only displayed font--between the fonts I specify to use for composing and those that the senders use--is what I specify under tools>options>stationary/fonts>when composing and reading plain text<. In the options, rich text is selected as the format to compose in....yet everything is still in plain text.

I haven't this trouble with outlook before.....what's going on?

2. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

*bump*

Anything I'm missing here?

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Not sure what you mean by this :confused:

I am using Outlook XP so it might be different, but make sure you have it set to HTML or Rich, you might have it set to plain text.

Also, there should be a setting somewhere that says something about "use only my fonts". You might want to check that.

4. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

About the web access......it's a web-based acces point for the email.....it opens in a browser window and is laid out really similar to outlook xp (2002).

In my settings I have Rich text set....and the "use my fonts" is unchecked. That's what is puzzling. Also....playing around with all those options doesn't really change anything.

Thanks for the help.

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Does this happen with only this one persons mail, or with all the mail that you receive?

There is a program that I want you to download and run. It will list all of the updates and patches that you ran for Outlook. you may have a corrupt file or a patch that's needed. Outlook 2002 was fussy like that. Let we see if I can locate the program for you.;)

6. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Here ya go, just click HERE. :D

7. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Ok great. This happens with all accounts with outlook.....and all mail I recieve. I never noticed it because my other pop3 account has never even worked with outlook......so I've used outlook express instead.

I'm going to have to run that program tomorrow though, as I'm running out the door.

Thanks alot.

8. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Ok...sorry for ditching out on my own problem, but let's say it's been a crazy last few months, and I just ignored the problem.

So...back to the problem. I ran the belarc advisor...but where exactly does it say which updates and patches were installed for outlook?

9. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Well....it looks like Wet Chicken hasn't been around for awhile. Anyone else know what's going on here?

Thanks...

10. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

*BUMP*

Any ideas?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice