1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fonts

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xorynnel, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xorynnel

xorynnel Thread Starter

ok, i'm having this problem with my site. i assumed the font CAC FUTURA CASUAL was installed on most computers. we all know what happens when we assume, right!! i need to know how to pull the font off of my comp and place it on my page for those that don't have it. i've looked for it, but can't seem to find it anywhere for download.:confused:

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

That's extremely poor webmaster etiquette to force people to install a font in order to view your web site. I don't allow any site to install anything on my computer unless it's a universally used and accepted plug-in. If it's not, I don't go to that site again.

There are plenty of fonts available for use that are on nearly all computers. I suggest you use those. Some Windows operating systems can experience problems if too many fonts are installed.

4. xorynnel

xorynnel Thread Starter

i have never used the term webmaster to describe myself. i am a guitarist in a band that has a small bit of knowledge regarding computers and the internet. the font appears on all systems except those running windows 98. the chosen font just happens to be the same font we're using on our demo cd and first release cd. is it really poor webmaster-ship to use a font that is included on windows and the program i used to design the site?:confused:

5. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

That font is not installed with any version of Windows. The computers you checked probably had the same software installed which also installed that font.

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Xory, you can get that font at <a href=http://www.clanbell.org/usa/desktop.html> this</a> site. It even gives the users instructions on installing it. You'll see the link to download that font at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

7. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Bryan:
    I know it's probably been a long day, and the eyes are blurred, but... that's the link posted by Mosaic. :)

8. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Oops, thanks for seeing that. My mind was else where in this thread.

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    ROFL, Bryan.

As for you, xorynnel, do you have a graphics program? If you make your stuff in images using that font--you've got nothing to worry about. Perhaps that's an easier workaround for you?

10. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

That's an excellent idea, Dreamboat. xorynnel, if you do that, you'll still be able to retain the same look as that of your CDs.

11. xorynnel

xorynnel Thread Starter

thank you all very much. i'm limited with space and the audio files take up most of it. we also have pics that eat space. like i said, i'm a guitarist, not a web design person. all of your replies have helped very much. i will recomend this service to anyone with comp questions.
    :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice