Football Manager 2005 reboots my laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joncroxford

Hi, this is my first post.

Running Football Manager 2005, after about five minutes or so of playing my laptop turns itself off. This happens on every occasion. I have never had a problem like this with any other software, including the Football Manager 2005 Beta Demo. However, the Football Manager community message boards are unable to help, since nobody else seems to have encountered this problem. I have told Windows not to reboot after a fatal error, but it seems to ignore this instruction. The laptop, without warning, turns off. When I turn it back on again the screen stays black and the laptop refuses to turn off again until I have pressed the button about 200 times (although I sense that may be a separate issue).

I have a Toshiba Satelite A-30 laptop, with 2.66 P4 processor and 224mb RAM, running Windows XP with service pack 2. This is comfortably within the limits of the minimum specs for the game.

Don´t know if this will help but you could try it. If you install and use the programs CpuIdle and Motherboard manager. It takes some of the pressure of the cpu, something that games like fm2005 and earlier cm games put on it. So if your problem is cpu releated this could work. In the least these programs will improve the performance of your cpu so it´s a win win situation.

Hi joncroxford,

My boyfriend is having exactly the same problem as you.... If you find anything out - could you let me know because he is driving me insane with the swear words which keep coming out of his mouth... :eek:

He has a packard bell, 2.6g, 64bit graphics and plenty of memory so he has way over the required. (y)

We thought maybe there was something wrong with the pc so we called up the warrenty people who basically did not want to help us. They want us to do lots of testing on other games and do a re-install (which I have already tried with no luck) and say they wont take the machine in and look at it untill we've done more testing and system restores etc etc :mad:

You are the first person we have come accross which this problem - do you know if anyone else is experiencing also? :confused:

hey can someone send me the files from football manager 2005?
the config/languages/training/stats and temp?
if so let me know and you can send um me.

cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online