1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Footer s/b be in front of graphic

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sharrell, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharrell

sharrell Thread Starter

Word 2000

I am trying to put a graphic as a background for a page. It works successfully in the body of the text. However, the footer wil not cooperate. I can't seem to put the footer text over the graphic.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Sometimes, we don't see the footer text in print preview because it's too close to the bottom of the page, so close that your printer isn't capable of printing that close to the edge of the paper. I'm suspecting that's the case here. Try setting these margins:

Bottom: 1.25"
    Footer: .75"

and see if you can see your text in print preview now.

3. sharrell

sharrell Thread Starter

If I adjust the margins, it cuts off the graphic above the footer. Sure the footer is visible, but now it's no longer over the graphic.

I have found a work around by using a textbox instead of the footer, but I'd still like to know why the footer won't work.

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

i think word treats the header and footer essentially as page overlays or pages within the main page

is it visible in the header or don't you have one

sounds llike your workaround with the text box does the trick though

5. sharrell

sharrell Thread Starter

This particular document doesn't have a header, but I tried it just to see. The same thing happens.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Are you placing the picture inside the header? That's generally where it goes if you're putting text on top. I assumed that's where it would be. If placed in the header/footer and then set to "behind text" for text wrapping, it should show the footer just fine.

7. sharrell

sharrell Thread Starter

No dice. The graphic still covers the text.

I'm beginning to think that it's not possible. The text box worked for what I needed. I think I'll just give up now!!

Thanks for your help!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice