For my birthday my son bought me a computer and had Windows XP Pro placed on my C:dri

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zoomaroo

Hello, My son for my birthday bought me a custom made computer and had Windows XP Pro instaslled on my C:hardrive and Windows XP Home on my slave F: I dont understand whybut, would like to remove the OS XP Home from my slave drive F: IS there anyway of removing the OS without removing the other programs.
If not how would I remove this from my slave hardrive F:?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You shouldn't lose any programs you have access to when you boot XP-Pro, but anything you have under XP-Home will be history when you delete that installation.

It's going to be hard to downgrade from xp to a lower OS system on the second drive.....or do you mean you just want it as a drive without an OS system ? I'm sure there's a way to bypass microsoft telling you that you can't install an earlier version but I dont know what it is. If you go down the route of totally wiping your drive then this means you can install whatever OS you would like or just leave it be as storage with no OS. I'm not familiar with XP but to format try :

Start > Run > command > enter

when the command prompt arrives type :

C:
your now on the c drive. then type

format c:

if it gives you any errors like WinME used to give me, get a boot disk, start computer with boot disk, at the a: prompt type the above and it should format. If it doesn't detect the bootdisk like WinME, go into bios and swap floppy drive to first boot.

zoomaroo

John,
Hey thanks alot for the information. Ijust went ahead and formatted my secondary drive and will use it for storage. Now I have Xp Home sitting in box,you think e-bay would let me sell or trade. Oh! yeah if you know of anyone looking for something like this,here is my email address. [email protected] I also have a new Norton SystemWorks 2003 not compatible with my machine. Paid $69.00 will take$35-$40.00.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online