Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For the flower lovers

76K views 1K replies 53 participants last post by  TechBot 
#1 ·
Unless I somehow missed it before I believe the photo album is a new addition that came with TSG's recent makeover, regardless I think it is a great forum and place for all the picture buffs to hang out and share their talents.
I know many of the TSG members share an interest in some form of photography and enjoy seeing each others work, places they have been or where they are from.

I would like to offer a suggestion for everyones input, thoughts,and opinions.
There is currently a thread in this category for testing and for pets and with this thread one for flowers. I thought it would be nice and hope to see in the future threads started that will eventually cover virtually everyones areas of photographic interests. I believe this will accomplish several things. It will keep the number of new threads started down saving both time to those who want to post a pic and space in the category. It will build a large database of pictures on individual subjects that will be easy to locate for those who enjoy or are looking for a pic of a certain type. It will keep the photo album cleaner and more user friendly and easier to navigate by not having to wade thru numerous threads searching for pics of a particular nature. It would avoid threads started for individual pictures and people wondering if a certain thread is an appropriate place for their pic. I guess my thought for lack of a better term would be kind of like threads which act as subfolders in the photo album. Nature, landscape, macro, vacation, family, animals, fun and edited pics are a few that come to mind.
So whats everyone think? :up: :down: :confused: :( :rolleyes: ;) :)

jjb

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great shot jjb. :)

Yes having less thread is a lot better and cleaner then posting thread after thread.

You just started a flower thread and I think a new thread for each Nature, landscape, macro, vacation, family, animals, fun and edited pics will be great.

Maybe make them now so other will see them and start to use them.
Make notes in the first post say what you said above about putting the type of picture in the right forum.

This will also make it more easy to try and find a type of picture because we will know what sub forum to look in.
Hey did you know that you can now go into your profile and find all the attachments you have uploaded.
Very nice new thing when your looking for something you know you uploaded here because it will take you to the post where that attachment is.

#3 ·
hewee :) Thanks for the positive input and comments.....................now, how did I know you might be one of the first to reply? But my question is-where is your flower pic ;) ?
I am sure I will begin future threads but for now I thought I would allow the picture buffs time to begin there own threads with there particular favorite area of photography or creativity. I see a hobby pic thread was started.

BTW............I really don't know if I myself have a "favorite" area or expertise, I just liked some of my flower pics and thought it was a good place to begin my thread with my suggestions.

Here is another from Jamaica.

Attachments

#11 ·
ajdupont said:
Here's a Louisiana Wild Iris. Took it with an Olympus C3000 in macro mode.
Take a look in this post at the wild iris I took a pic of while in Western Ontario last Summer......................
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=210483&page=3&pp=15
I guess once a wild iris always a wild iris :D
Your second pic looks a bit more like some type lily to me.

wow, jjb..the colors in those flowers are so bright!
Thanks Valley..............check out the iris in the above link
What an excellent idea for a thread in here!
Thanks izme...................I hope everyone enjoys, especially those like me ready and waiting for Summer.

Like I said earlier, I hope others start threads in new categories so they are easy to find for all to enjoy.

Keep the pics coming and T/C all :up:

jjb

#12 ·
jjb said:
Thanks Valley..............check out the iris in the above link
wow, jjb. very nice! And I saw on the same page that you took a pic of Lady Slippers! They grow wild here too but they are illegal to pick because they are endangered, from what we understand. Do you know anything about that? I'm not sure where to find out if thats really true or not.

what a great thread.

#13 ·
valley said:
wow, jjb. very nice! And I saw on the same page that you took a pic of Lady Slippers! They grow wild here too but they are illegal to pick because they are endangered, from what we understand. Do you know anything about that? I'm not sure where to find out if thats really true or not.

what a great thread.
Sorry I can't answer your question on the Lady Slippers. I didn't even know what I had taken a pic of til someone told me what they thought they were.
Your story sounds much like what they say about Trilliums here in Wisconsin. Illegal to pick, transplant or disturb in any manner........................but no one seems to know if it is really the truth or law.
I don't know if you know what a Trillium is but when they bloom I will take a pic and post here. It is a woodland flower with a very short bloom period(usually about two weeks). It is a 3 petaled white flower. It is called the "Mothers Day Flower" here because they are generally in peak bloom about then.

jjb

#14 ·
Valley- I found this info and that the Ramshead, small white, and small yellow Ladyslipper is listed as protected in NY. But you have to take a look at the list for yourself........................how would anyone know what they shouldn't pick? Here is where I found info.
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dlf/privland/forprot/pnp/

jjb

#19 ·
We were obviously doing something right with this plant (ignoring it I think) as we came back from Sweden I think it was, early hours of one morning and we had missed this. It had strutted it's stuff and we had just missed it. What's the point of having a plant I thought, if you've got 6 hours in a year (if you're lucky) to catch it doing anything? ;) This year, soon as there's a slight bump in it somewhere, I'm camping next to it with lights, camera, local press and Steven Spielberg at the ready :)
The smell in the room was amazing :)

Attachments

#21 ·
jjb said:
Valley- I found this info and that the Ramshead, small white, and small yellow Ladyslipper is listed as protected in NY. But you have to take a look at the list for yourself........................how would anyone know what they shouldn't pick? Here is where I found info.
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dlf/privland/forprot/pnp/

jjb
I found out that the small white and small yellow lady slipper are protected but not the pink lady slipper, even tho there are a bunch of websites that say the pink is endangered!

I suppose we can consider ourselves properly educated now! Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. :)

#22 ·
valley said:
Fishy....those grow wild by the thousands here! I pick huge bouquets and put them all over the house...they only last a day or two once picked tho but they are awesome just the same.

I'll try to remember to take some pics once they bloom to show you :)
Thanks Val ;) :up: I will look forward to seeing those pics

We have alot of Honeysuckle here and I love the smell of them

sniff sniff :D :up:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.