1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

For those of us alone on Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by coderitr, Feb 10, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. coderitr

coderitr Thread Starter

This is a thread for those among us (myself included) who would like to take that bow and arrow and cram it someplace Cupid didn't know he had. Vent about your relationships (or lack thereof.) I'll start.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've been chatting with this woman online for several weeks now. We've spent a lot of time together and shared much of ourselves. We tried several times to have a first date:

First Try: She went out with some friends for her birthday. Got hammered. Cancelled because she was hung over.
    Second Try: Her ex-husband didn't show up to pick up their son.
    Third Try: Her teenage daughter had a job interview and therefore could not watch her son.
    Fourth Try: She stood me up.

I resisted the temptation to fire off a flaming hate-filled email after waiting for her for half an hour because the calculating part of me figured that there must be a good reason that she stood me up. Talked to her again last night and she said that she had wanted to meet me but she had changed her mind. She doesn't have time for a relationship. I've always believed that people make time for the things they really want. I'm fairly ticked off about the whole thing, in case you haven't noticed. Women.

2. Gibble

Gibble

Heh, I know the feeling man...I know the feeling...

3. moonmist

moonmist

Something tells me this is gonna be interesting..........

4. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    Codepunk :( thats just aweful.... I thought things were goin so much better darn it :(

Gibbie... sometimes, I think I need to come up there find you a girl and and just make you kiss her darn it... cause... seriously... they just dont know what they are missing...
    and i hate when the good boys go to waste ..theres just not enough of you to go around as it is :)

5. moonmist

moonmist

Thats why im a lucky girl............i found me a gem :D ;)..........had to say it, since there isnt a thread for those of us "with" someone :D

6. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    that you did Moonie that you did :)

7. moonmist

moonmist

Thanks girlie!!

8. Gibble

Gibble

lol ashes, thanks for the thoughts

9. jvnderwe

jvnderwe

Fortunately for me, past experience and observation have made me quite glad to be single....not that I'd have a choice either way :D .

10. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    thats what im here for Gib :)

11. Gibble

Gibble

Heh, oh well, Valentine's day is monday, and I have hockey!!! So I will work, go home, eat, play hockey, then play cards with the boys and drink upstairs in the bar :D

Muwahahaha, in Canada Hockey takes precedent ;)

12. moonmist

moonmist

.........again.........could be why your single :rolleyes:

13. Gibble

Gibble

lol...well...I'm sure I could work a date around hockey if I had too :eek:

14. izme

izme

Even though some are alone this Valentines day, there is always hope that next Valentines day they won't be.

;)

15. DiSaidSo

DiSaidSo

Hey! Careful with that big broad brush of yours there, pal! ;) We're not all like that and YOU KNOW IT! I could say the same thing about men, but I know they're not all the same (thank the deity of your choice!!!). In other words, she's not acting that way b/c she's a woman. She's acting that way b/c she's a wimp. You're totally right that she would make time and fall all over herself for something if she really wanted it. You know what? Just let her go. She should've told you that she changed her mind before she stood you up, not after. (n) I think what you should do now is ignore her. I have found that completely ignoring someone will get under their skin far more than any hate-filled email. She knows she did something wrong. Let her marinate in that for a while. And this way, you have time to really get your thoughts in order and decide how you want to handle it.

And now for my thoughts on Valentine's Day.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice