For Windows XP, Which Free Anti-Virus Is The Best?

Which of these free Anti-Viruses ar best, for a Windows XP

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

c_l_n

Please explain your choices so i can better understand the pros and cons for each
Anti-Virus

Avast for me seems to catch much more than AVG ever did, I haven't tried the rest.

Plus Avast vs AVG.

- More Frequent Updated
- Custom skin support to suit your needs
- Boot up memory check to scan running processes as avast loads.

Etc

a friend told me to download google desktop with free spyware doctor in it
it has found two trojens 3 browser hacker threat and so on but still windows explore still seems to be allowing others or someone to see my new passwords and google came with a norton scan but that just freezes on update i used to have bullgaurd but that was usless virgin seems to keep most at bay windows 1 care found slowed my computer down

tony007

Banned
I've always used anti vir personal edition classic about ten years now I never have any trouble with virus'es it finds them all. My only complaint is that it runs very slow sometimes takes about one hour for a scan. But I still like it. It can be got from here http://www.free-av.com/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online