1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Force nVidia GeForce 310m over Intel HD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Smartguy01, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Smartguy01

Smartguy01 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ivan
    Hai everyone,

I have a problem that's bugging me for a pretty long time.

I have a Lenovo b560 with Intel HD integrated and nVidia GrForce 310M. I haven't found the option to change my primary display adapter to the nvidia one anywhere.

Is it anyhow possible?

2. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Just found out that disabling/uninstalling the Intel HD adapter won't switch to the GeForce one for primary either, it goes to VGA graphics adapter or smth like that but just can't get it on the nVidia one :/

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Have you looked in bios?

4. Smartguy01

First Name:
    Ivan
    Under the Graphics Display I can select "Optimus" and ign or something like that. Anyhow, the Optimus thingy is a technology developed by nVidia which gives you better battery life and performance at the same time. It says in the BIOS that it should only be enabled on Windows 7 and the other thingy on Win XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982157

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice