1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

foreign dynamic disk ?!?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FleRoY, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FleRoY

FleRoY Thread Starter

Hi there guys,

I have a huge problem!!!
    I have an 80GB seagte harddrive with my backups on it as well as music and photos. Well, I think the boot record is corrupted. In windows disk manager, I cannot add the disk as its a foreign dynamic disk. Whn I try and convert to convert to basic disk it says all my data will be lost! I seriously need help on this one!!! Any1 please!!:confused:

...If I try to import the disk it gives me an error.....

"operation could not be completed, check event viewer for more info" Then a second error comes up, "un unexpected error has occured. Check the system even log or restart pc"

Event logger gives no info, except that disk management failed...

Please help!!!

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Any details on how it got to be a "foreign dynamic disk"?

4. kiv

kiv

You can try this approach - http://konstantin.vassilev.name/?p=86
    It can be destructive if you don't know what you are doing, but if all else fails - this will get your data back.

Let me know if you have questions.
    Hope it does not come to this.

KIV

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice