ForFiles for XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dysons

I am supporting a customer that is still running XP on several workstations. Is there a public domain FORFILES or equivalent that will run under XP? Is soi where can it be found.

Thanks.
Steve

dysons

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I have downloaded rktools.exe and then executed it from within XP. I cannot find FORFILES within the C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools folder nor is it mentioned in the Help File. Has it been withdrawn from the Resource Kit or is it burried within something else?

Regards,
Steve

Don't know if this will work with XP, but here's a copy from the C:\Windows\System32 folder on a system running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit: forfiles.zip (26K)

dysons

Thanks SpywareDr. Unfortunately I only have access to 32 bit XP!

Give it a try. Like many other DOS-type utilities, ForFiles.exe may be a 32-bit program.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online