1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgetful mouse?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by StoryAngel, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Thread Starter

:confused:

I've recently got a new laptop running XP and a new HP mouse. I'm left-handed so I changed the click settings for the buttons which works fine. However I also changed the scroll settings on the wheel, but XP seems to forget about this and I have to reset the scroll options every single time I boot my machine... Does my XP have amnesia?!

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

When you look in Control Panel do you have just one Mouse icon or does the HP mouse have an icon of its own? It may be that your HP Mouse needs installing with its own software to overarch the standard Mouse settings.

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Some games will over-ride the mouse configuration . .

wrs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice