forgot administrator password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

samfischer

please help, we have recently moved and we finally hooked the computer back up. the problem is i forgot our admin password and login. i can get in as a user only. please tell me there is a way to reset the system so i can change the admin password to something i will remember. please help i cant even do any burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redoak said:
Much easier way: "Go to Control Panel, User Accounts. Click on the account you want to change the password on, and select the option to change it. You do this while logged into the account you want to change the password for."

This advice comes from this Thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/540488-need-change-password.html?highlight=Password

{redoak}
This will not work. Read carefully, he has lost his administrator password. He is logging into a limited account. Fischer, please use the link that has been provided in the post by "Bill the adult".

Thats the correct way of getting your administrator account back. Its a back door entry into windows user management and thankfully it has not been plugged yet.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
I realized my error just after I sent my post, for which I apologize.
{redoak}

Don't forget to reinstall any service packs & critical updates afterwards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online