1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgot Bios password...anyway to get around??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SPC J.W., Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SPC J.W.

SPC J.W. Thread Starter

Thought I was slick, and bought a P4 2.6...Installed it and got a message saying I needed to change cmos settings...Got a prompt for a password and spent about an hour typing in the wrong password....I'm an idiot... any ideas?

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi SPC J.W,
    Check to see if the Motherboard has a jumper to clear the CMOS. Also you can remove the cMOS battery for a few minutes and sometimes that resets it. You can also sometimes take a screwdriver and short the posts on the CMOS battery carridge, but I dont recommend that. Check with your Motherboard manufacturer for a manual.
    [​IMG]

3. Annorax

Annorax

I remember on my old computer, you could use a jumper that would disable the BIOS password. Do you have the guide to your motherboard?

4. SPC J.W.

SPC J.W. Thread Starter

Thanks,

I pulled the CMOS battery, and that worked just fine. No more password. I am very glad I didn't have to pull out the mobo book, because it is in Korean...When I booted up the default language is Korean...but I remembered where the language option was, unlike my password...
    Thanks for helpin out!

5. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Your Welcome !!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/160958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice