1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgot BIOS settings password.Help pls!!!

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Krsnik, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krsnik

Krsnik Thread Starter

Oct 15, 2010
    So my dad came home with an old floppy drive and asked me to install it.That was easy enough.But the drive wont read any discs and when i searched the internet is says i should try enabling it in BIOS.There's the problem.A few months ago i locked the BIOS and forgot the password.So every time my computer starts up and i hit DEL to enter the BIOS it asks me for a password.I never write down my passwords and i've already tried everything i might have put in in but nothing works.I know i can remove the CMOS battery to reset it but i really don't want to.So i'm asking is there any other way to reset the password other than removing the CMOS battery?
  2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Apr 4, 2003
    1) Forum rules prevent us from helping with password problems.
    2) Either remove the cmos battery or some motherboards have a clear cmos jumper on the motherboard.

That is about as far as we can help you.

You sure you just don't have the floppy cable connected backwards. Did that once myself.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047007