Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

forgot to say save before closing WORD

15K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bettyg 
#1 ·
:confused:
after working for several hours on a word document I accidentaly said NO to saving the changes. I have autosave every 10 minutes - but can't seem to find the temp file

Can't I recovery my revised document????

#4 ·
THANKS Tony for your replies

since the computer did not crash - the computer did not bring up my last auto save version

RE: Hit F3 (Find), and look for a file named "Rescued Document.txt" If Word autosaved your last efforts, it might be in the folder that contained the original Word document.

sorry do not understand the above - if I go to start/find/files and type in Rescued Document.txt
I get no files find. . . hit F3 (find) were and how do I do this

sorry - never took a computer class so not up on all this

Do to the hour last night - I had several word files open and was flipping back and forth getting info - thinking I was closing only the last document I had open and since I did not know if I made changes - I accidentally said no ---- it turns out the only document with changes was the document I am trying to recover

#6 ·
It is understood that you didn't save a doc.
I know the same feeling, I once delted a test project and had to redo the whole thing.

It is a possibility that the O/S will not view it for, by default, some computers erase what the O/S deems 'Unneccessary space'

Although it happens, you still have the option to retain a file that you current erased.

You must realize, that everything that you erase, can be retrieved.

I would recommend a very 'low-curve' software called "Directory Snoop"

You can reach such a software by going to:

www.zdent.com/downloads

In the download box, write Directory Snoop.
Scroll down until you see it, then dl it.

I believe you will find the 'shareware' most useful.

Take care, and may you have a safe, and joyous Holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.