1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Forgot Windows 10 password, no repair or password recovery disk.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by micycle057, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. micycle057

micycle057 Thread Starter

So, I installed Windows 10 last week. Yesterday I explored a bit and discovered Windows Edge, their new email/ outlook client. I attached my personal Gmail address to the service as well as my corporate address. My corporate account required me to create a new password that fit my company's security standards, which I did, but, after feeling like my company address was restricting how I use my personal home computer, I removed that address. Here's where I get fuzzy, I cannot, for the life of me remember, if I changed my password back to one that didn't conform to my company's security standards or if I left it alone. All I know is that once my computer locked later that night, I was unable to get back in. I've tried every permutation of every password, including that corporate password, I've ever used with no success.

I do not have a password reset disk nor do I have a system repair disk with which to reinstall Windows 10.

So, how screwed am I? Will I have to reinstall Windows 7, the last OS I have a disk for, and hope I can reupgrade to Windows 10?

P.S.
    I did not attach my MSN email address (aka my Microsoft Account) to my computer, so resetting my password that way is a no go.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    As far as passwords are concerned we cannot offer any assistance per forum rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

3. micycle057

micycle057 Thread Starter

Is there anyway then to reinstall Windows 10 at this point when I am unable to login to my PC?

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Only if you created the DVD for reinstalling Win 10.

5. Methlab

Methlab

I have the same issue. This is not a forgotten password. It is corrupted files in Windows 10. There is no way to help people with this?

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Sorry the rules of the forum spell this out. there will be no help with passwords.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1153440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice