Forgot Windows 10 password, no repair or password recovery disk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

micycle057

So, I installed Windows 10 last week. Yesterday I explored a bit and discovered Windows Edge, their new email/ outlook client. I attached my personal Gmail address to the service as well as my corporate address. My corporate account required me to create a new password that fit my company's security standards, which I did, but, after feeling like my company address was restricting how I use my personal home computer, I removed that address. Here's where I get fuzzy, I cannot, for the life of me remember, if I changed my password back to one that didn't conform to my company's security standards or if I left it alone. All I know is that once my computer locked later that night, I was unable to get back in. I've tried every permutation of every password, including that corporate password, I've ever used with no success.

I do not have a password reset disk nor do I have a system repair disk with which to reinstall Windows 10.

So, how screwed am I? Will I have to reinstall Windows 7, the last OS I have a disk for, and hope I can reupgrade to Windows 10?

P.S.
I did not attach my MSN email address (aka my Microsoft Account) to my computer, so resetting my password that way is a no go.

Last edited:

dustyjay

Jay
As far as passwords are concerned we cannot offer any assistance per forum rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

micycle057

Is there anyway then to reinstall Windows 10 at this point when I am unable to login to my PC?

I have the same issue. This is not a forgotten password. It is corrupted files in Windows 10. There is no way to help people with this?

dustyjay

Jay
Sorry the rules of the forum spell this out. there will be no help with passwords.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.